The Technology Management major provides technology proficiency together with the managerial know-how that employers need. With a sound base of knowledge in the core areas of programming, networks, databases, web, and digital media, combined with both fundamental and upper-level management courses such as leadership, organizational development, and project management, graduates will be capable of managing technical staff and projects, but will also develop their capacities as strategic leaders who understand changing organizations and can make a contribution even as trends continuously emerge.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of fundamental management and accounting practices.
- Possess proficiency in technology, including fundamentals of programming, network systems, databases, and the web.
- Lead teams, manage projects, and make decisions effectively.
- Communicate successfully to and with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engage with emerging trends in the rapidly evolving environments of technology and business, and understand their potential applications and risks.
- Assess the contributions that effective technology management makes to organizational goals and their achievement.
- Apply, integrate, and synthesize competencies gained from technical and management courses to make a strategic contribution to business enterprise.