Business Management (B.S.)
Whether you are just starting out in the business world, or have years of experience in the workplace, Granite State College's Bachelor of Science in Business Management will empower you with learning that translates into the real world of work. Every successful businessperson needs the fundamentals, including managing people and organizations, economics, marketing, law and ethics, statistical and financial data. They also deserve to highlight and focus their talents in areas of advanced learning matched to their specific goals. Our program ensures that graduates are conversant in all the essentials of management while deepening their expertise with choices in such areas as leadership, human resources, conflict management, finance and investments, global business, or operations. A capstone emphasizing the strategic integration of learning in business management completes the degree. Specific careers may include: Financial Manager, Personal Financial Adviser, Accountant, Financial Analyst.
- apply management theories such as motivation, leadership, and conflict resolution throughout various functional areas of organizations.
- communicate management information effectively across an organization to a broad spectrum of audiences and in a variety of business situations.
- apply quantitative tools in business analysis and decision-making.
- critically analyze, research and articulate management strengths and weaknesses in terms of competitive advantage, human resources, marketing, financial and strategic positioning.
- make ethical business decisions based on evaluation of corporate social responsibility and ethical practice.
- manage and lead strategically to enhance the effectiveness of individual teams, and business organizations in a global environment.
Flexible delivery formats such as evening, online, hybrid, and weekend intensive courses ensure that the program is accessible to working adults of all ages. In addition, this degree allows a seamless transition from the associate to the baccalaureate degree.
Students may specialize further by selecting a minor in an area of interest. Minors are optional and are open to all bachelor's degree candidates. For some degree programs, students may use courses from the majors to fulfill minor degree requirements. Contact an Academic Coach for more information.
Granite State College offers the following Management-related minors:
See a list of required courses for this program on our Curriculum Map. Download a printable version of the curriculum map.